STUDY PERMIT EXEMPTIONS
In some specific situations, foreigners are exempt to acquire a study permit in order to legally study in Canada. Below entail particular situations when the study permit is exempt.
- Minor Children
- Who are attending kindergarten or pre-school.
- Who are refugees or refugee claimants.
- Who are accompanying their parents (at least one of the parents must legally be able to work or study in Canada). In this case, the minor children can attend primary and secondary schools in Canada.
- Study program is equal to or less than 6 months.
- The candidate has registered Indian status in Canada.
- Family member of a foreign representative.
- Foreign armed force member.